Veterans Discounts! Call for Information!
With the rapidly changing situation regarding COVID-19, we know that many of our clients are concerned about the health and safety of our staff and families. Home at Heart wanted to inform our clients and caregivers of the actions and steps we are taking as a non-medical healthcare company to help prevent the spread of the virus, and to be prepared in the event one our clients or caregivers is suspect to have the virus.
It is our mission to provide a safe and clean environment for our client, families, and caregivers. We are following the CDC’s guidelines to prevent the spread of germs, and following their instructions on proper hygiene, handwashing techniques, and disinfection of homes for home care workers.
The action steps we are taking as of now are the following:
1. We are guiding our caregivers with relevant, up-to-date information from the CDC for homecare workers.
2. We are reminding and sending out proper hand washing and sanitizing techniques for all our caregivers.
3. We are advising any caregivers that have encountered any person with the virus, or suspects to have the virus, to STAY AT HOME. Please note: NO caregiver at this time is suspected to have it or has reported to have encountered someone who has had it. These are the preventative precautions we are taking.
4. We are sending out information to our caregivers on signs and symptoms to look for in their patients and themselves.
5. We are advising all caregivers to regularly clean and disinfect commonly touched surfaces such as door knobs, remotes, light switches, toilets, counters, and any other highly touched surfaces.
6. We are advising caregivers who have a fever or are ill to report to us immediately, and not to go to work.
Here’s what we recommend to our families at this time:
1. Please allow our caregivers the time to regularly clean and disinfect surfaces, even multiple times a day.
2. Please ensure there are cleaning supplies and gloves in the home for all caregivers.
3. Please report to us immediately if you suspect you or your family member has signs or symptoms of the virus so we may take precautions before coming in your home.
Finally, please know that we are doing all we can to be aware, proactive, and helpful during this time.